SSMC release date?

operator

SSMC release date?

Post by operator »

Hi,
I was wondering does anyone know if the replacement for 3par IMC is already available somewhere? It is called 3PAR StoreServ Management Console (SSMC) and it has many blinking lights :)
VMFocus post: http://vmfocus.com/2014/12/02/new-hp-3p ... sole-ssmc/

cheers
hdtvguy

Re: SSMC release date?

Post by hdtvguy »

I have heard this month it will be available.
3ParDude_1

Post by 3ParDude_1 »

I was told mid December
Twitter @d8taDude
Schmoog

Post by Schmoog »

I am very interested to see how it all works out.

It's kind of funny. When we switched from our old EVA's to 3PAR, one of the things I loved was that I no longer needed a management server for the array GUI. Now they're moving back to installing the MC on a server and accessing it over the web.
nsnidanko

Post by nsnidanko »

My understanding SSMC will combine System Reporter. Does anyone know if this functionality will be available to everyone or only arrays with System Reporter license?
3ParDude_1

Post by 3ParDude_1 »

I guess long term it will be hosted on node and the need for a separate application will disappear
Twitter @d8taDude
hdtvguy

Post by hdtvguy »

Whitepaper on the new console. It has minimal SR functionality, if you want real detailed data you still need SR I have been told.

http://h20195.www2.hp.com/V2/GetDocumen ... c=us&lc=en
JohnMH

Post by JohnMH »

Remember its a first release so feature parity won't be there day one but it will be the main development platform going forward. Should be available from the 17th and yes if you want historical reports and additional reporting in the future rather than just real time charts then you will need a system reporter license - which should be peanuts after discount anyway.
Davidkn

Post by Davidkn »

Very glad that awful system reporter is going, I heard that this will also make its way onto the node so you won't need a server, eva anyone? No reason why they can't run it from the file services vm either I reckon.