RM-SQL Recovery script

nsnidanko

RM-SQL Recovery script

Post by nsnidanko »

I've want to share Powershell script I've designed to address restriction imposed by Recovery Manager for SQL: in order to restore snapshot via RM source sql server has to be on-line.

Basically this script will mount latest snapshot to a DR host and present volumes inside OS. Does exactly the same stuff as RM. I've only tested it with Windows 2008 R2. There is a lot of diskpart parsing as some data is not available via WMI (blame Microsoft).
Attachments
RM_Recovery.txt
(10.55 KiB) Downloaded 3887 times
johanmark25

Re: RM-SQL Recovery script

Post by johanmark25 »

I will suggest you to use Kernel for SQL Recovery Software to recover corrupt and delete SQL Database file and MDF file. Software solve all database issue in few steps. Download free trial version from - http://www.sqldatabaserecovery.org/
Richard Siemers
Site Admin

Re: RM-SQL Recovery script

Post by Richard Siemers »

johanmark25 wrote:I will suggest you to use Kernel for SQL Recovery Software to recover corrupt and delete SQL Database file and MDF file. Software solve all database issue in few steps. Download free trial version from

Johnmark25, unless the software communicates with the HP 3PAR storage and leverages hardware snapshots/replicas to recover the database, then I politely request that you refrain from advertising your software here.

Thank you.
Richard Siemers
The views and opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of my employer.